As part of the ATO’s move towards a paperless system, the ATO encourages more and more taxpayers to report and manage their tax affairs electronically using their online services.
In order to securely access the ATO’s Online services, you will need either a myGov account or an AUSKey. Further information on how to register can be found on the ATO website.
For individuals, the ATO’s Online Services allows you to:
- Update your details
- View your income tax account and loan accounts including payment arrangement plans
- Lodge and track your tax return
- Find and manage super
For businesses, the ATO’s Online Services allows you to:
- View and update your business registration details
- View account information
- Lodge and view activity statements
- Request refunds and credit transfers
- Request a remission of general interest charges
From the 1st of July 2014, once an activity statement is lodged online, the ATO will no longer issue out paper activity statements. The ATO will also no longer action requests over the phone if there is an electronic or online option available.
For further information on the ATO’s Online Services, please visit the ATO Website. If you are unsure on how the ATO’s Online Services can affect you, please contact Acute Business Services on 08 9367 7023.