Company secretarial work is a highly legalistic area that becomes ever more complex and time-consuming as the company grows. Moreover, failure to comply fully can lead to companies being struck off, and even to the prosecution of directors.
Delegating this complex work to Acute Business Service's expert team lets you concentrate on your core business, secure in the knowledge that you are compliant. Depending on your specific needs, Acute Business Services can take care of the whole job or just the more complex procedures.
Being a company secretary is about more than maintaining correctly completed and filed forms: as a governance professional, the company secretary is at the heart of how a business is run and is responsible for the transparent disclosure of information amongst stakeholders.
Acute Business Services can:
- be appointed as an outsourced company secretary (including be appointed to the statutory position of company secretary)
- be appointed as a part-time company secretary
- act as a fill-in or contract company secretary
- provide ad hoc or ongoing company secretarial support
- provide independent advice to directors and officers
As a team of consultants, we can also second experienced company secretaries to clients' offices to project manage a particular task or as a fixed-term appointment.
Regardless of whether our appointment is as statutory company secretary or to provide ad-hoc advice, our company secretarial services traverse many necessary disciplines, such as:
ASX, Other Regulatory and Governance Advisory
- providing advice regarding ASX Listing Rules, including continuous disclosure
- providing Corporations Act advice
- providing general corporate governance advice
- drafting corporate governance materials
Annual Reporting/AGM Season Advisory
- assisting with the annual reporting requirements
- drafting notices of meeting, managing shareholder meetings and producing minutes from those meetings
Shareholder/Corporate Action Advisory
- liaising with the share registry on key shareholder matters
- drafting documentation for, and project management of, secondary raisings such as rights issues, share purchase plans and other pro-rata entitlement issues
Board of Directors Advisory
- advising on periodic/ad-hoc items for board and committee consideration
- drafting company secretarial contributions to board and committee papers
- attending board and committee meetings and producing minutes and matters arising from those meetings
- drafting circular resolutions, subsidiary minutes, authorisations under delegation
- directors' duties advice
- drafting employment/remuneration related policies
- draft the remuneration philosophy for inclusion in the statutory remuneration report
- drafting employee equity plan documentation (terms and conditions, rules, invitations)